Sunday, June 30, 2019

Welcome To New York: Julius Randle Signs A 63$ Million Dollar Deal


New York and Julius Randle have agreed to a three-year, $63 million deal, according to ESPN.



The 24 year old forward averaged a career-high 21.4 points, along with 8.7 rebounds, in 73 games with the Pelicans in 2018-19. He shot 52.4% from the field and 34.4% from 3-point range.
"It just shows opportunity and preparation," Randle said about his season. "Just years of preparation and hard work and finally coming and getting my opportunity, I was able to make a jump. So, I expect that next year, as well, out of myself. My job is just to prepare."
Randle spent the first four seasons of his career with the Lakers before signing with the Pelicans in July 2018.
"You've just got to look at every situation," Randle said about free agency in April. "I don't know what the situation will look like. I thoroughly enjoyed my time here. Would love to be back. But, like I said, you have to look at every situation, look at options, and do what's best for you and your family and your career at the moment."
This was a great pick up for the Knicks they really needed forward due to the fact that they lost their chance to pick up Kevin Durant.

The Knicks have cap space to sign multiple top-level players and had been pursuing Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant but missed out on both of them early in free agency, as the pair has agreed to sign with the Nets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kyrie Irving Set To Retire

 Kyrie Irving is currently the talk all around the NBA world, as the NBA is investing a social media post where he is maskless at a birthday...